Saturday, November 7, 2009

Friday evening

On Thursday and Friday, Mom had a nice group of friends and family keeping her company, and all the love surrounding her seemed to be a real encouragement. Her dear friend Sharon flew in from PA, and came to see Mom with friends Pat and Missy. These dear ladies stayed for hours each day, just taking care of their dear friend's needs while they shared sweet fellowship. These ladies who used to be Mom's travel and Bible Study companions now shared just as much joy and fellowship with her in her nursing home and around her bedside as when they used to go shopping or traveling together.

Lisa was able to see Mom on Thursday and said that Mom has declined so much in just the time since she last saw her two weeks ago. Lisa usually goes every week but had to miss last week.

Anna and I each drove over to the Bay Area last night to see Gramma. Anna came in her own car as she has to get back home sooner. She arrived at Gramma's room first and found Gramma having distress and discomfort. We are finding that Mom needs pain reliever quite often now and it is not easy to "get ahead of her pain", so she does have miserable times before gaining relief from the medication.

Thankfully, soon after the medication was administered, Mom became more comfortable and I think Anna was able to have as good a visit with her Gramma Moose as possible. Here is a picture that we will treasure:




1 comment:

  1. Hello Moose Family
    I am sitting here with tears as I read about your Mom's passing away. I know she is in heaven and no longer suffering and that is wonderful. It is just that I empathize with the loss or your mother as I recently expeienced the same myself. You are all in my thoughts and prayers, I will try to be there when you celebrate her life. love, Karen Ingle Sullivan

    ReplyDelete