Good morning!
I called the nursing home a couple of times this morning; the first time they said Mom was still in bed and was weak. Later I called again and they said she had visitors--I thought it would be Mom's dear friends Dr. and Mrs. Condie, and I was right. I called Mom's room and Mrs. Condie said they had been reading the Bible to Mom and praying with her, and now Mom was motioning that she wanted some Ensure. I told them how to put it in a cup and use the tiny spoon to gently spoon a half of a spoonful over Mom's teeth and then it just puddles in her mouth and gives her some comfort. They did that and she liked it. Then they put Mom on the phone because she wanted to hear me talk to her; I could barely hear her, but her voice was stronger than yesterday when I was sitting with her. I told her I loved her, and she said very clearly, "I love you" in a not so weak voice. It sounded like she put all she had into it. That will be a wonderful memory for me!
Mrs. Condie then said that Nan Devine had just arrived so they were going to visit with her for a bit and then go. How wonderful that Mom has visitors today. God is so good.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment