Tuesday, November 3, 2009

phone call today

One more little thing before the night is over--today on our drive home, I called the nursing home to see how Mom was doing. Her nurse said Mom was doing okay and had a visitor, and she took the phone in to Mom!
Steve Young was visiting. He handed the phone to Mom and she wanted to know how the travelers did. She is always concerned about others. I reminded her of several people who have sent greetings, and she enjoyed hearing that. Steve got on the line and said it was really hard seeing Mom like that. It was good to hear her voice on the phone, though, and to know that she is still thinking somewhat clearly.

I did not call the nursing home tonight, but we are regrouping from our trip and spending time together as a family. Part of our time these days involves planning a fitting tribute and memorial service. I am looking through my files and see notes from three years ago when Mom was going to die "in two weeks". Sigh. She had more work to do, obviously!

"Only one life will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last"

No comments:

Post a Comment