Mom had more visitors this afternoon and of course she just thrives on having people there caring for her. Colleen came in the afternoon, and then Mom's neighbor Jaswinder who lived across the street from Mom in San Mateo, came while Colleen was still there. Colleen has been coming sometimes twice a week from Morgan Hill, so she has seen the gradual progression of weakening. Jaswinder has also been to see Mom recently, but it has been a few weeks since she has seen her. The change in Mom has been astounding. It is so discouraging to see her not able to swallow, and just wasting away.
Mom wanted to go outdoors today, and the weather in Redwood City was delightfully warm. She went outside with Nan, and again with Colleen. Colleen spent the most part of her time just swabbing Mom's mouth with the flavored water. Then as Jaswinder was arriving, Mom was needing some anxiety medication and some morphine for pain. Colleen went searching for a nurse and found someone who could help with the medication while Jaswinder held her hand. Clearly, the Lord uses each visitor in a special way and we know Mom is thankful for all the help. Because Colleen has been with Mom on other times when she has been in need, she knew what questions to ask Mom to report to the nurse. Of course we feel badly when visitors have to go through the painful process along with Mom. This is when the promise, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" comes in. God does provide the strength we need to do these hard things.
From Colleen's report, it seems that Mom was actually doing a bit better today than she was yesterday when I was with her. She certainly interacted more today. Her nurse said her blood pressure was about the same as yesterday. Sorry I took so long to put the post on tonight. I've been feeling discouraged about Mom not being able to eat and I've shed some tears about it. It seems so unfair and I start feeling sorry for Mom. But those are not helpful thoughts and I need to give them to the Lord to help me get back on track. We really feel everyone's prayers. Thank you.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment