Last night Mom told me she really wants to see all her family. She misses her grandchildren a lot, and thinks about them a great deal. We did not think Lizzie and John would be able to make it out from Ohio to see Gramma again, and unfortunately, John's work schedule will not allow him to come. But, his sister Sarah has made an opening in her schedule and she will accompany Lizzie and baby Emma on a flight coming tomorrow evening! When I gave my mom the news, I could hear the relief in her voice. We are praying for smooth travels for everyone, and that the Lord will orchestrate the timing for each family member to be with Gramma and give her the "in-person loving" that she so wants and needs at this time. (Actually, we need it too!)
The nursing home is not very conducive to large groups, so here is a specific prayer request: Although Mom has the sweetest roommate, I am praying that Mom might be able to move to a room where there is no roommate for a time, so we can sit around and sing hymns and have fellowship with her with just a bit of elbow room. The nursing home is being remodeled and they are not receiving new patients at this time, so this may be a possibility.
I along with the younger children will plan to head over to Mom's, first thing in the morning.
Thank you for praying!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment