Mom is becoming more and more quiet and is really slowing down. Her heart finds joy and peace in knowing that she is loved by her Heavenly Father, and she loves to express her love for Him and for her family. Tonight when we spoke on the phone, I put Tim on the line, and in her weak voice she told him, "I love you."
I was thankful the last two times I called Mom, that her voice was noticeably more calm and she was not crying. Perhaps her medication is helping her, and we thank God for allowing her to be more calm and restful. I plan to call her in the morning again and see how she is doing.
Hopefully we can get over to see Mom this weekend sometime.
The two youngest children and I have airline tickets to go out to Ohio from Oct. 28 - Nov. 4, to see John and Lizzie and 8 month old Emma Grace, and also to help Lizzie with cooking since she is feeling nauseated lately! (yes, a time of rejoicing--a new grandchild on the way!!) We are praying about the timing of this trip, however, in regards to my mother's condition. We are trusting in the Lord and pray that He will direct our paths. Thankfully, Southwest Airlines has changeable tickets!
Thank you for your prayers for Mom and for all of us.
By the way, after Lizzie announced the new baby on the way, she said she'd be calling Gramma herself the next day to tell her personally. That evening when I called Mom, she had something she just wanted to tell me! I beat around the bush and guessed everything BUT a baby (on purpose!) when she was trying to tell me something, and then finally I asked, "is it about Lizzie and John?" "Yes!" she cried out-- "baby!!!!" She is so happy for them, and this gives her something to think about with joy in her heart.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment