Hi everyone,
I just spoke with Mom on the phone, thanks to Keith who fixed Mom's phone for her! I was about to hang up after the phone rang on and on, but then I heard Mom's faint voice and we were able to talk. Mostly, Mom was crying. I am not sure exactly why. When I mentioned all the names of people who have written, her tears subsided and she seemed to relax. I could almost feel her smiling heart.
We heard from Kathy that Mom is not interested in taking her oral medication, or her medicine for Thrush. I spoke with Mom about it and she told me she does not want to take it. Apparently the medicine is not pleasant to the taste. I can just imagine how it is. I tried to tell her that the Nystatin painted on the back of her throat will help her so she can swallow better. After many attempts on my part, Mom finally calmed down and agreed that she would allow the nurse to paint that stuff on the back of her throat. Mom is so dear, yet she experiences confusion quite often. It's hard for us to hear it.
Next, I called the nurse to tell her Mom agreed to get her throat painted. She fully understands and empathizes with Mom. She said Mom spits the Nystatin out. But, the nurse is patient with Mom and keeps on trying to help. We are blessed with a very kind nursing staff for Mom. Please pray for good communication so Mom will be able to understand the reasoning behind what people are trying to do for her, according to what the hospice nurses have prescribed.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment