Mom's phone is not working--again. This is frustrating, as it is our "lifeline" of communication between us. When I left her yesterday, I put a note on her phone saying it is broken, and if someone could please call me on their phone then I can talk to Mom. The note worked! This morning a nurse called me and put Mom on his phone. Her voice seemed clear and stronger, but when I asked how she was, she replied "not good". I asked if she wanted help eating and she said yes. So, I asked the nurse if he could get someone to help her eat and he said he'd try to do that.
It is hard to help Mom eat, as she can't swallow well at all. What to do?
Tonight I called the nursing station to check on Mom, and the nurse said Mom did not eat her dinner (no surprise there, but I am so disappointed yet again), and even though they have been trying to get some liquids down her, it is difficult because of her problems with swallowing. The nurse said a nice couple came today with a drink for Mom. Thank you!! Also, Mom's dear friend Sophie who has done her hair for decades, came today to do Mom's hair. It was not the easiest time, but Sophie is a trooper and has said she will keep on trying to help Mom look pretty. Mom has such wonderful friends. We thank you all.
When I called tonight at 8, the nurse said Mom was asleep. Sweet dreams of Jesus, Mom!!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jane, When I think of your Mom (and your Dad)what I remember most was a couple that stood so firm in their faith. Soon they will be arm in arm, back where they are meant to be. Your house, always a house of love, welcoming, pretty with all the creative things you and your mom would do (i.e. beautiful sewing projects with perfect stiching)(I still have the apron from your wedding!). Children that grew up strong in their faith and love for one another. Those things are more precious than gold and your folks did a great job. As your sweet mom makes her journey, as difficult as it is, she can leave this earth knowing she lived a life that served as a wonderful example of God's love. God Bless you and your family as you go through this difficult/special time. My love to you, Daphne
ReplyDeleteJane and family,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is with you at this difficult time. Just a short time ago I was caring for my Mom and trying to encourage her when she cried. She seemed calmer when we prayed together. Thank you for being there for me when my Mom went to heaven to be with Dad. I am holding those good thoughts for peace and no more worries for your Mom. Your folks will be reunited and maybe they will all be together to laugh again and share their blessings and faith. Please keep me posted. hugs, Karen Ingle Sullivan