Saturday, October 24, 2009

yo-yo time! Mom is better this morning!

Do we feel like yo-yos yet? Up and down, up and down--I can only imagine how Mom is feeling now. Tomorrow I hope to be by her side again and can judge for myself instead of giving secondhand reports, although the secondhand reports are MUCH appreciated!

The report this morning from Mom's nurse who was sitting with her when we talked, is that Mom IS responding to the Nystatin treatment which they are painting on the back of her throat twice a day (I think). She says the thrush infection is subsiding a bit! The nurse said Mom is drinking a bit of water--good! And, she put Mom on the line. Indeed, Mom's voice did sound stronger and not strained, even though she was crying. So, today is a "good news day", and we trust that the Lord will bring the encouragement that Mom needs to help her today.

We celebrated our son Daniel's 25th birthday this morning and looked at his baby book--lots of pictures of his grandparents holding him! Today we are reminded, in a friend's email, of Scriptures of how the Lord carries us:
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will
sustain you, I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain
you and I will rescue you." Is. 46:4

We hope this Scripture will encourage Mom. We are certainly encouraged as we remember how the Lord has carried us and will continue to carry us.


No comments:

Post a Comment