Tonight I am pondering, is there anything that can be done to help Mom get some food and water?
The oral thrush infection at the back of her throat is so painful, with all the little white dots, that Mom can't swallow very much if at all.
I look at pictures of Mom from July when Lizzie and Emma were visiting, and she looked so vibrant and radiant. Now, three and a half months later, she is struggling to keep going at all. Indeed, unless the thrush infection clears, it seems likely that Mom will die from lack of water and food.
Maybe I am interpreting things wrong, but it seems pretty clear cut to me, and I am struggling with all of this.
Before the thrush infection set in, Mom was alert and engaging, even though she had serious health issues. But with the infection, she is literally starving to death and this is pretty hard to understand.
I appreciate these words from Psalm 73:
" 23Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
24With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
26My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Good night and thank you for praying.
Jane for all of us
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Father indeed is our portion. May your mom be wrapped in His love and care today.
ReplyDelete