We have good news to report!!
Today I called Mom's hospice nurse, Joan, to see how Mom is doing. She said that she would have to check with Theresa, the other nurse, but she thought they had some good news! She called me back and indeed, the news is better and it is encouraging for now.
It seems that when Theresa was suctioning out Mom's throat on Monday, she noticed after she got Mom's throat clear, that there is thrush in the back of Mom's throat. Theresa noticed white spots and determined that Mom has this form of yeast infection which may be making it very uncomfortable to swallow. This is certainly good news, since with a Nystatin mouth rinse, Mom could become more comfortable in a few days and may be able to swallow foods. Joan said that Mom is swallowing liquids just fine. She seems to think that Mom is a bit better already.
I was just thinking today, "I wonder why it is that Mom is not able to swallow easily?" I could not figure it out.
We certainly did not expect a throat infection! Of course we are hopeful that Mom will soon become more comfortable and will gain strength.
I was talking to Brian today and we agreed that even though Mom is looking intently toward going to Heaven, we certainly do not have any idea what God's timetable is for her, or for us either, for that matter! Indeed, one of us may face eternity before she does!
Thank you again for praying! We count this good news as an answer to prayer. How we thank God for the alert nurse who so diligently cleaned out Mom's throat and discovered the problem.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment