Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Tomorrow?"

Tonight I called the front desk at Mom's nursing home and Winter, the nurse, said Mom was wide awake and she would help answer Mom's phone if I called her. So, I was able to talk to Mom and her voice sounded so eager and almost excited, although very weak. I told her Lizzie and Emma are coming tomorrow night, and I am coming tomorrow. "Tomorrow?" she said, with a joyful anticipation. "Yes! And, your sister Noelle and Margo and Vic are coming tomorrow to see you too!" "Tomorrow?" She said the word so clearly. Tomorrow will be a good day!

Winter told me that Mom still has not swallowed anything. She said the hospice nurses came again today. The doctor was supposed to come and check Mom, but Winter said she did not see a record that the doctor had come. Maybe tomorrow.

No matter, we know Mom is in the hands of her Great Physician, and He knows the way for ALL her tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment