What a nice surprise--Mom was able to call us tonight on her phone, using her auto dialer. We are so grateful for the help in getting her phone fixed!
Mom was quite clear in her thinking tonight. The only thing that is weak is her voice and her energy. She is wrung out and without strength, not having eaten or had much in the way of liquids for quite some time.
Her hospice nurse said she is without pain. What a praise that is! And, Mom is not taking her oral morphine for her breathing pain, because she cannot swallow the drops. So, what do you think of that? No pain without her morphine??? That is such a gift from God.
I was alone at home for much of the phone call time this evening, and was able to just read Scriptures to Mom (Psalm 139), and I prayed for her and sang to her. We talked about all the people she will see in Heaven--of course Jesus first, and then Dad, Ruth Patterson, Dad's friend Howard Efting, Mamie Crader, her friends, her sisters, and she will meet the little babies that she miscarried. I also reminded her that she will get to meet all the people we've learned about in the Bible who loved Jesus, like Mary and Martha. She is tearful, not about going to Heaven, but perhaps about us having to say goodbye to her. She always looks out for others. I told her I will miss her sooooo much, but the Lord will take care of us--also, she has prayed for all of us so much, and God will answer her prayers.
Today the hospice nurse told me once again that she offered to Mom that she could have an IV and a feeding tube to get nutrition and hydration. She said she explained it all simply to Mom. Mom declined, saying clearly that she is ready to go Home.
Tonight I asked her once again. She answered the same as yesterday when I was with her. She does not want a feeding tube. She is ready to go Home. It is good to talk about it, but oh so hard. Would it be easier if Mom were not so aware of what is going on? We do not know. For some reason which we do not know, this is the path the Lord has allowed for her and for us. It is hard. So very hard.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment