The report is that Mom is starting to swallow again! And, she asked if she could walk today! What do you think of that?
Mom is feeling a little better! Her nursing home staff commented that she is getting a "second wind"! She is starting to swallow again, and that is such good news. We don't know the reason for her improvement, but we are thankful to God for answered prayer. We are also thankful for the many loved ones who have come this week and have literally helped spoon feed Mom, even when little tiny bits of soft food could not be swallowed but came back out again. Now she is getting stronger and even asked her nursing staff if she could try to walk today! (I don't think they let her, as she is really unstable and still can't assist much in transfers to or from her wheelchair.) Anyway, I couldn't let the day end without posting our encouraging news. I commented to Kathy that maybe she is getting a second wind before she crosses the finish line. We are taking one day at a time, not taking anything for granted. We thank each of you who are praying, and we thank those who have come to encourage Mom and cheer her on.
Here is a picture, sent by friend Keith, of Mom's food tray arrayed with all kinds of soft food and many different drinks. Guess what is Mom's favorite? What would you pick first? Hmmm, I think I will take the Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino, please! (no, there is no Starbucks in the nursing home! But, this week I know of at least FOUR such drinks which were lovingly brought to Mom!) Thank you to every loving person who has encouraged Mom this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment